1. Write the quote on one side.
2. Fold the paper, so you are not able to see the quote.
3. Explain the quote in your own words without looking at
the original quote.
Evaluate your work, and make any needed corrections:
1. Did you rewrite a useful idea in your own words
2. Did you avoid adding to the source's meaning?
3. Did you avoid changing the meaning?
4. Did you avoid the author's distinctive phrasings
unless you put them in quotation marks?
5. Did you avoid rewriting by going word-by-word
and substituting synonyms?
6. Did you clearly credit the source?