Reading Rockets for Parents / Family Members
Reading Rockets En Espanol/Bilingual Site
Presented by Reading Rockets
|Tips for Creating Your Kit
1. Work as a group or as an individual.
2. Choose a specific child as your direct
audience and also consider your indirect
audience. For example, you may choose to
write a letter to parents.
3. Create a kit which promotes a love of
reading for this child. Possibly consider the
child's favorite cartoon characters or other
interests. Also, consider what you know
about this child as a reader. The child may
be read to, read to others, and/or read silently.
4. Inform family members about what they
can do to help.
5. Collect information about local resources
including the local library and related reading
6. You are not expected to spend money in
order to create this kit.
Reminder: There are other extra credit
options if you prefer not to create a reading kit.